Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tofu Baked Ziti

This is a different recipe than previously posted.  This recipe is one I made up on the fly using what little ingredients I had and a few borrowed in a borrowed kitchen.  

1lb uncooked brown rice pasta
1 block extra firm tofu
1T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3T Nutritional Yeast
1t Garlic Powder
1t Onion Powder
1t Italian Seasoning
½t Finely Ground Sea Salt
¼ Fresh Ground Pepper
2-3c Pasta or Marinara sauce

Cook brown rice pasta to package directions.  Preheat oven to 375° F.

Drain and press tofu and crumble into a medium bowl. Massage olive oil into tofu.  Add spices and mix well. Once pasta is cooked and cooled, add ½c pasta sauce to the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish.  Add a layer of pasta, then a layer of the tofu mix, then another layer using ½c sauce. Repeat until dish is full adding extra sauce on top to make sure everything is covered.  Bake for 30 minutes.

Sorry no photo - hubby and I gobbled it up!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! The good thing is that I have the majority of these ingredients already at home. It's okay for the no photo post, I'm sure it looked delicious! Thank you for sharing, I hope to make this soon. :)
    Also feel free to see &/or follow my blog, vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I made it - easy and with easy ingredients! I did run to the store halfway through prep for another pasta sauce because the one I had just wasn't very good and I thought it would ruin the dish. The new pasta sauce was magnifico! (Sorry, my Italian blood decided to come out a little there. lol).

      And call me crazy, but I can no longer figure out how to "follow" blogs on blogspot. There used just be a button in the top bar, but now it's gone. Enlighten me please, and I will gladly do so, but I am following your Twitter currently. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete