Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Asian Pasta with Sesame Tofu and Exciting News!

Hello all! 

Been a bit since I've visited the old blog, but things got crazy in my life yet again.  Moved back up to the Cleveland area and in the process of selling my old house and trying to find a new one and also, I am now a mama-to-be and my husband and I are expecting our first child at the end of August!  So lots of exciting changes and a lot of work to be done. 

That being said, I am going to try to devote more time to cooking.  I've gotten tired or eating pre-made meals from the local Mustard Seed or lazy dinners.  We are currently staying with my parents while our house sells and that has created many cooking challenges, as I have little room for storage of groceries and cooking supplies, but I am determined to work through the challenges and make some tasty meals once again.  I've ordered The Vegan Pregnancy Cookbook and Raw Food in Pregnancy for some meal inspiration and planning a super shopping trip tomorrow for supplies.  It has begun!

Today was a "what can I make with that I have lying around..." kind of day.  It started out as a lazy stir-fry meal, but turned into something magical.  This recipe is gluten free, vegan, and has tons of protein.  Behold!


Asian Pasta with Sesame Tofu
 Serves 2-4.  Cook time: 40 minutes (if you're a good multi-tasker)

Asian Pasta with Sesame Tofu  
(Pardon the crappy phone photography.  Have to drag out the ol' camera rig here soon.)

Ingredients:
(I will link some of the gluten free brands I used, but feel free to choose your own.)
2 Blocks Extra Firm Tofu (drained and pressed)
1 pkg Explore Asia | Edamame and Mung Bean Spaghetti(organic)
2 T sesame seeds
3 T Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 T Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
3 T Rice Vinegar
6 T Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 t Sky Valley Sweet Chili Sauce
1 t Sesame Oil
1/4 c Organic Cane Sugar
1 bag frozen veggies of your choice, steamed or thawed (I used 365 Organic California Blend)


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and put a pot of water (approx. 8 cups or more) on the stove for the noodles and bring to a boil.  While the water is getting hot, drain and press your 2 blocks of tofu and cut into cubes. 

In a large baking dish, place the tofu and drizzle with the olive oil and coconut aminos (if you are not gluten free, soy sauce will work in place of the coconut and Bragg aminos) and mix until lightly coated.  Place in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.  Once the 30 minutes are up, add 1 T sesame seeds and place in the oven for another 10 minutes.  Flip the tofu and add the remaining 1 T sesame seeds and cook for an additional 10 minutes or longer depending on how you like your tofu. 

While the tofu is cooking, cook the edamame and mung bean spaghetti according to package (7 minutes worked beautifully for me). 

In a large bowl, combine rice vinegar, liquid aminos, sweet chili sauce, sesame oil, and cane sugar. 

Once noodles and tofu are done, combine with the sauce.  You can chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight if you prefer a cold dish, or serve warm. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment